Todays theme for the Photochallenge was Time. As I had not ime to post on this blog the last days, this is my little sign of blog-life. Have a good time!
Donnerstag, 22. Januar 2009
I was looking for a dust cover for the HP Z3100, Google provided me with a Link to the Luminous Landscape Forums
, directing me to this site Compucover.
All you have to do is enter the 3 dimensions of the cover. In Vinyl, the cover for the 44" Z3100 costs around 50 Dollars includ. Shipping to Germany (plus taxes).
I gave it a try and will report the result.
Montag, 19. Januar 2009
Sonntag, 18. Januar 2009
Dienstag, 13. Januar 2009
20081114_182504_NIKON D3_Africa_TarangireNP_Wildlife__CRF2714-Bearbeitet, originally uploaded by topfloor.
Thanks to Jim M. Goldstein, several links to 'best of'collections have been gathered (mine can be seen here on Flickr. Have a look and enjoy . . .
Once again 2008 proved to be an incredibly productive year for the many photographers who read the JMG-Galleries blog. The results of this "Best Photos From 2008" blog project puts a twist to the normal "Best of Photo" list by aggregating links to the work of 93 photographers from around the globe who are passionate and dedicated to their craft.
The results from "Best Photos From 2007" by JMG-Galleries Blog Reader's were impressive, but this year not only did the number of participants exceed expectation the quality and vision of those who submitted were exceptional. This year participants ran the gamut of experience from enthusiasts to professionals.
Enjoy and good luck picking out your favorite from these great submissions
- "My Top 10 Favorite Photos of 2008" - Jim M. Goldstein
- My Favorite Shots of the Year - View from the Little Red Tent by Edie Howe
- 2008 Favorites - Photine by Laurie Ballesteros
- My Nephew - Amit Goyal
My nephew woke me up in the morning and was in a very chirpy mode when this was clicked
- Another world (+Vorher/Nachher) - Visuelle Gedanken by Martin Wolf
- Boy, Hanoi - The Sun Shines & The Igloo Melts by Jon Gresham
- Best Photos from 2008 - Abraham Neben
- Apocalyptic Capitalism - Sultana Sandwich by James Hill
- Top 10 Photos of 2008, My first year in Wisconsin - Sierra Visions by Steven Bourelle
- My Best Photos: 2008 - Shutter Photo by D Travis North
This past year was a huge growth year for my digital photography skills which I feel is exhibited quite nicely in my photo favorites of 2008.
- Best Photos From 2008 - G Dan Mitchell Photography
- Protesting Prop 8 - Quan Photography by John Quan
- Bir y?l böyle geçti... - Caglar.ca by Caglar Tukel
Most of Photos taken during our traveling around Turkey and hiking around our hometown, Izmir.
- My best shots of 2008 - Jonesblog by Bryan WIlliam Jones
- Flamingo and Desert Landscape - pl?dys's photoblog by Mike Reys
Both pictures are from one of the most beautiful places on earth: Chile's Atacama desert. The salt lakes there provide for some stunning colours and beautiful wildlife.
- Suspended - Mark Groves Photography
- My Favorite 10 Images from 2008 - IM Digital by Ivan Makarov
- My Best Photo of 2008 - Matt Ward Photography
This photo was taken in Oct at 7am after a cold night in Atlanta, GA.
- Highlights of 2008 - Lori Jackson Photography
In 2008, I picked up my camera again after a year long hiatus following pregnancy and my son's birth.
- Favorites from 2008 - Adventures Through The Lens by Rebecca Jackrel
- Top Ten Photos of 2008 - Chris Moore Photography
- My Photo Record - Kriz Cpec Photo Blog
- Best of 2008 - Catavino by Ryan Opaz
- Looking Forward and Back - Graf Nature Photography by Mark Graf
- Lloyd's Favorites of 2008 - L.D. Cross
- My Favorite Photos from 2008 - Epic Edits by Brian Auer
A selection of my favorite photos from 2008, broken down by each month and supplemented with a few thoughts.
- Derryclare Lough - Focus Pocus by Albert MacSweeny
My best photo of the year was when I was lucky enough to get a still lake in the usually turbulent west of Ireland
- Best of 2008 - News and Views by Dave Wilson
- Needle - Andel's Photoblog by Andel Früh
This photo has been shot with the kit lens (18-55mm f/3.5-5.6) in retro position (front lens to the camera)
- Year in Pictures - Marcin Retecki
- 2008 Top Ten - Lois Elling
- My Best Photos of 2008 - Out of My Mind by Steven L. Mullen
These are travel and nature shots taken in Michigan, China, and locally.
- One from 2008 - Hockley Photography by Aaron Hockley
It's a photo taken at night, looking across a bridge towards another photographer also taking a picture of the same ferris wheel as I was.
- 2008 in Pictures - Sawlani Photography by Hitesh Sawlani
- My Top 10 Photos for 2008 - by Neil Creek Photography
- Best of 2008 - The Quiet Picture by Minna Kinnunen
My 10 favourites from 2008, everything from flower closeups to landscapes and starry nights!
- Best of 2008 - by Stig Nygaard
Just a quick little mixed selection of what I consider my best photos from 2008
- My Top Ten Photos from 2008 - Korn on the Blog by Justin Korn
Of the 1,800+ images I uploaded to Flickr this year, these are what I thought were my top 10.
- Blog Project: "your Best Photos from 2008" - Jim's Photography by Jim Wheeler
- My Best Photos from 2008 - TrevorCarpenter.com by Trevor Carpenter
- Best Photos of 2008 - by Dave Reichert
- 2008 Favorites - by Beth Madison
- 01/01/2009 Best of 2008 - Brad Barton Photography
- 2008: My Favorite Photos - My Digital Life by Jeremy Brooks
- 2008: The year in photographs - Katie the Scrapbook Lady by Katie
- Gotham. Or maybe London - SFT Photography by Steve Thomas
I love the dark and moody feel, combined with the futuristic look of the building. I really enjoyed shooting it!
- My Best Photos of 2008 - Malphoto.com by Andre Maltais
I'm particularly proud of these submissions this year, as it seems I've made some great strides in my photography from the beginning of the year.
- Best of 2008 Project - Photos From The Top Floor by Carsten Fischer
- La Arcada seating on a rare rainy October morning - gZphotoGraph
- Jaguar - by Jarrod Erbe Photography
This jaguar image was taken at the Milwaukee County Zoo. The background was generated using a combination of Aperture, Photoshop Elements, and DFT Light.
- Best of 2008? - Suzy Walker, Underwater Photoblog
My top ten fav travel, underwater and macro photos taken in 2008
- My best shots of 2008 - TemujinPhoto Blog by João Almeida
- Best of 2008 - by Rick Goldwasser
- My Top 10 Images of 2008 - The Jim Stamates Collection by Jim Stamates
- #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6 - Mannedspace: Photographs by MT Fanders
- Best 10 of 2008 - by Duffy Knox
- Future Christmas Card - by Massimo Belloni
- Best Photos of 2008 - MIZSPONTANEITY: A Girl With A Camera by Elaine
I got a Nikon D40X for Christmas 2007, and although some of these photos were with my trusty Sony W70 point-and-shoot, these are my favorite 10 results of my first year with a digital SLR.
- Best of 2008 - Changing Perspectives by Jenni Brehm
- My Best of 2008 - by Eliya Selhub
In 2008, I have found myself increasingly drawn to animals as subjects, and a slight cartoonish absurdity always appeals to me.
- My Best Photos From 2008 - Lilahpops - Plunging into Photography by Anthea Brown
Looking back over my photos for the past year shows my increasing interest in post-processing experimentation alongside my favourite macro format.
- My top 10 favorite photos of 2008 - The Taeleman's Blog by Kris Taeleman
- My Favorite Photos of 2008 - Coulter Photos by Scott Coulter
- Favorites of 2008 - XGray Vision by Stephen Gray
- My Top 10 Favorite Images of 2008 - Cornforth Images by Jon Cornforth
Spectacular nature and wildlife photography, photos, and pictures by award winning professional photographer Jon Cornforth.
- Sitting Backwards on My Horse - latoga photography By Greg Lato
- Top ten images of 2008 - Enlightened Images by Gary Crabbe
These are some of the image I took in 2008, and which rose toward the top of the - I Like - pile.
- Best 10 photos of 2008 - Have Camera Will Travel by Paul Dymond
Images from professional Australian travel photographer Paul Dymond which ironically were all taken pretty close to home.
- Best of 2008 - Heidi Donat
- Best Photos of 2008 - by Luca Filigheddu Photography
- Favourites of 2008 - by Chris Brown
- Best of 2008 - by William Kahn
- Pics of the pops 2008 - fotoVoyager by William Fawcett
- My Top 10 Photos of 2008 - Always Breaking by Gary Hegenbart
- Best of 2008 - by Trevin Chow
This is a set of my best photos that I took during 2008 which is a combination of Flickr's "interestingness" meter and my own selection.
- Best of 2008 - Hotel Yankee Foxtrot by Alex McGeagh
A collection of the better images captured in a progressive and productive year for me.
- Top 10 Photos of 2008 - Digital Kloc Photography Blog by Brian Kloc
- Burrard-Lucas Top Ten Photographs of 2008 - Burrard-Lucas Photography by William Burrard-Lucas
We are brothers from the UK with a shared passion for wildlife photography – in 2008 we followed Meerkats in the Kalahari, stalked Jaguars in the wetlands of Brazil and waded through swamps at night to photograph Caimans...
- My best 10+3 pictures of 2008 - All Day I Dream About Photography by Antoine Khater
- Best of 2008 on Highway 89 - Ann Torrence Photography
Transecting the west from Mexico to Canada on US89.
- Everybody loves the sound of a train in the distance - by Dave Fitch
A railway bridge in Leith [Edinburgh] that was restored and then left to rot. It's not perfectly symmetrical, but then neither is the bridge
- My Top 10 Photographys of 2008 - Nuwomb Bits by Scott Webb
- Best of 2008 - Matt Sallee Photography
- My 10 best photos of 2008 - Stephen Trainor Photography
Mostly landscapes, mostly of the Southwest, but with a hint of other anglophone countries.
- 10 in 2008 - k|d loftis photography
My favorite images from 2008 which include weddings, maternity and newborns, families and babies and a few personal images from the year.
- My 10 Favorite Images of 2008 - Della Huff Photography
My ten favorites from 2008 include California landscapes and cityscapes, with a couple of extra goodies thrown in for fun!
- Best Photos of 2008 - by Dave Schumaker
- Best of 2008 - by Jay Goodrich Photography
- My best photos from 2008 - All Narfed Up by Bryan Villarin
Choosing my best photos from 2008 was really hard to narrow down, especially since it was my first year with a SLR camera.
- Mein Flickr Photostream 2008 - Best of - by Stefan Neuweger
- My Best Photos from 2008 - Why Yet Another Photo Place by Rafa
- Best Photos from 2008 - by Daria Sukhanovska
Only until i created this set of 13 photos, i realized how much progress i have done this year: I have traveled a lot, got one photo printed in the magazine and had my first own personal exhibition in the university library and simply had fun with my photos
- My Best of 2008 - by Phil Price Photography
Photochallenge.org: Selfie Gourmet Temperatures (January 2009), originally uploaded by topfloor.
Obviously, I like shooting in the kitchen :-)
Photochallenge.org: Selfie Gourmet Temperatures (January 2009)
Sonntag, 11. Januar 2009
For Photochallenge.org, the theme was to shoot a moving target. Not so easy for me on a sunny day.
How do you put motion in a photo? With blurr. How do you get blurr when the sun is shining and there is a lot snow in the frame? Put a ND filter in front of the lens to achieve a long shutterspeed. Set Focus to manual (because of the ND Filter, AF won't work). And have fun :-)
Photochallenge.org: Selfi Studio mirror (January 2009), originally uploaded by topfloor.
Another Selfie - this time focusing on the noise (read dust) on the mirror. Photochallenge.org is fun.
Mittwoch, 7. Januar 2009
Dienstag, 6. Januar 2009
20081112_144907_NIKON D700_Africa_TarangireNP_Wildlife__CRF7036-Bearbeitet, originally uploaded by topfloor.
A fine project on JMG-galleries (Jim M. Goldstein's Blog -> http://www.jmg-galleries.com/blog/ ) made me select my 10 best shots of 2008 in a flickr set . . .
Top 10 Photos of 2009
Check them out.
From Jim's blog: "Since last year’s “Your Best Photos from 2007″ blog project was such a hit I’d like to continue the tradition by kicking off “Your Best Photos from 2008″ blog project.
After looking long and hard at my photos from the past year and posting My Top 10 Favorite Photos of 2008 I couldn’t resist putting together another blog project with the theme of “Your Best Photos from 2008″. Clearly the only rules for this project is that you share photos taken within the calendar year of 2008. As with all my photography blog projects participation is more important than anything else. I look forward to seeing your photos!
If you have a photography-related site, take a minute to:
1. - Access my Contact page
Note: Omit “http://” on any links.
2. - In the subject line type “Your Best Photos From 2008″
3. - In the message put the name of your site, web address, link to your “Your Best Photo From 2008″ photo/blog entry and a one sentence description about your photo(s).
Note: Acceptable submissions include a web site page, entry on your blog, link to your best of Flickr set, etc.
The deadline to take part will be Sunday JANUARY 11th at 11:59PM PST.
The following Tuesday I’ll post a link to all submitted sites and photos.
DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR PHOTO/BLOG LINK AS A COMMENT TO THIS ENTRY.
Having everyones photos and stories listed at once should make for a great Tuesday read."
Montag, 5. Januar 2009
Christmas for the coffee
Originally uploaded by topfloor
Returning form Africa, this was my first smack in the face with full power of civilization at the starbucks, marketing christmas.
Stil, I enjoyed the Venti Latte to go in the cold winter of Berlin.
Originally uploaded by topfloor
Shot at Europe's biggest train station in Berlin (Lehrter Bahnhof). S-Bahn carring the commuters back home. What made me return were lomokev's picstures of his book Hot Shots (on amazon www.amazon.de/Hot-Shots-Refresh-Your-Photos/dp/2888930277... ).
Not easy to achieve this effect, it took me several tries until I got some that I liked.
Sonntag, 4. Januar 2009
Photochallenge.org: Selfportrait (January 2009)
Originally uploaded by topfloor
The selfportrait of today is a byproduct of the book - challenge. This pictures a book I really enjoy - Light: Science and Magic: An Introduction to Photographic Lighting - third edition. Found it via the Strobist.com website.
If you are interested in a how-to workshop book on the use of (available and artificial) light, this one might be fun for you.
Originally uploaded by topfloor
And another challenge was to be fulfilled, check it at http://www.photochallenge.org/
This photo was altered in LR2. Music for me (not playing any instruments) means listing to the music, usually via MP3 players. Still, music is (often) made by instruments, so putting the iPod on the piano seemed a good way to transform this challenge in a photo.
Handheld, had to focus manually because the Apple logo did not have enoughj contrast against the reflections in the shiny metal.
Camera: Nikon D700
Exposure: 0.017 sec (1/60)
Focal Length: 50 mm
ISO Speed: 1800
Exposure Bias: 0/6 EV
Today’s topic for the 2009 Challenge is pretty broad: Music
What does Music mean to you? How do you capture something that cannot be seen in a photograph? Shoot your interpretation of Music and upload it! Don’t forget to tag the photo with “2009challenge” when you upload it. . . . Now get out there and shoot!
Samstag, 3. Januar 2009
Originally uploaded by topfloor
From Photochallenge.org: Well, with the 2009 Challenge now announced, I’m sure you’re getting ready to shoot daily, all year long.
Oh yeah, it’s gonna be great!
But, don’t forget about our bimonthly challenges. This year, we’re hitting the ground running. Right away, you’ll also need to plan on shooting once a day, for the January Challenge.
What will we be shooting? We’ll be shooting ourselves!
Since the 2009 Challenge is much like the standard 365 self-portrait projects, it only made sense to have you shoot yourself at least for a while. So, for the whole month of January, we’ll be taking a daily self-portrait.
I’m fine with the standard shot in the mirror, where we see you and your camera. However, you’re going to need to venture out and get a bit more creative eventually.
So, break out the tripod, and use your timer (if you don’t have a wireless or cable shutter release). Plan ahead and model for yourself. Pose yourself and look good, why don’t you! Get dressed up. Put on an odd costume. Ladies, put on some makeup. Get creative with some lighting. If you don’t have the ability to shoot with off-camera flash, then get a dramatic lamp, and use it, holding real still.
Oh, and ladies, those over popular shots of your legs, in knee-high, multicolor socks is getting old. Try something original!
A few important guidelines for you. Make sure you submit the photos on the same day that you shoot them. The goal here is to actually shoot and publish on the same day. Oh, and it had better be you in that photo, or else!
Once you’re ready to submit your work to Flickr, you’ve got to do two important things. First, make sure you tag your photos correctly; “januarychallenge2009″. Also, if you haven’t already, join the PhotoChallenge group, on Flickr. Then, submit each day’s photo to the group’s pool.
Freitag, 2. Januar 2009
Originally uploaded by topfloor
Photochallenge.org : "Have you seen those 365 day, self portrait photo projects? If you’re on Flickr, you probably have. You set out to take a self portrait of yourself, (that’s what a self portrait is), and shoot one every day, all year long.
I’m not so sure if I could pull it off. Oh, I could take my own photograph, that’s not the issue. The issue is whether or not I could shoot one everyday, all year long. I’d probably do well, until about March. Then, I’d tank.
However, there are some good things out of digging down and finding the endurance to remain committed to a project like that. I’d like to harness a project like this, and use it to our advantage. What? We’re going to do a similar Challenge, just with a twist!
This year, 2009, we’re going to be shooting one photo-a-day. Yup, you read that right! Not one a week, like the 2008 Challenge. Nope, we’re going to shoot one shot a day.
Now, let’s get one thing straight. I’m not sure if anyone of you will actually succeed at a fresh shot, every day. There may be a few, but I doubt it. Is that a negative attitude? Probably, but I don’t care. It’s just true."
Donnerstag, 1. Januar 2009
As I enjoy lomkev's photostream on flickr muc, i choose the pic of the Berliner Hauptbahnhof (Lehrter Bahnhof) http://flickr.com/photos/lomokev/1048945981/
A nice example what can be done with a good eye and a cheap camera :-)